Thursday, June 24, 2010

When you first by makeup brushes do you have to clean them before use or just rinse with hot water?

I just bought some new makeup brushes which are made from goat and Badger Hair and i want to know if i need to clean them or just ran them under hot water before use. I remember someone telling me that they are going to shed so you need to ran them under water but i was just making sure!!!





P.S. since my brushes are made out of goat and Badger Hair is there any specific way i need to clean them??? Thanks for your answer and help. Have a bless dayWhen you first by makeup brushes do you have to clean them before use or just rinse with hot water?
I wouldn't waste your money on brush cleaners. Why not use your shampoo instead? The best kind is johnsons baby shampoo (the original). Be careful cause some shampoos are meant for people who have dander or dyed hair..and using those can be quite harmful to your brushes.





What you do is use warm water, and aim your brush bristles downward so no water goes into the handle. That's where all the glue is that holds your brushes, so the less water that gets there the better. Take a penny amount of shampoo and place it in your free hand, then rub your brush into it back and forth. The brushes should not be crunched together...try to do as little damage as possible. It you need to, rub your finger on the bristles but again don't smash it against your palm to get the makeup out. Then wash again with warm water, and I like to ad a spritz of cool water to get any access off.


If you don't want to wait, you could even blow dry them till they're dry.





My brushes are all from mac, and since they're so pricey I try to take care of them as much as possible. I've had mine for a while and I go through probobly 2 small baby shampoo bottles a year on them. Which is ALOT cheaper than what sephora and all those other companies sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
dogs